Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
- About Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
- Climate Ambassadors Program
- Online Youth Exchange
- Internship Opportunities
About Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Care About Climate works globally to educate, empower, and engage people in addressing climate change. We manage the ClimateSign.org campaign, which unites people for climate action around the world. There are also several opportunities for students to work locally, globally, or with the organization at large this semester. Applications for ALL opportunities are due September 10th at 11:59 pm PT.
Climate Ambassadors Program
Climate Ambassadors are individuals that work on local initiatives around climate action. You will be paired with a mentor that will provide guidance for your project, and we will send you materials with the Climate Sign to connect your work to the larger climate movement. An ambassador can design their own projects; for example, an ambassador can encourage a school to go solar, do educational presentations on climate change, host an art exhibit about climate solutions, or help their community adapt to climate change by installing water catchment systems. As an ambassador you can work with a group you are already a part of, or you can start your own initiative! You can apply HERE.
Online Youth Exchange
The Online Youth Exchange is a peer to peer mentorship program that connects people from all over the world to talk about projects they are working on, receive trainings and presentations about climate impacts and climate organizing, and problem solve with one another as they take on challenges locally and globally. As a participant in this program you will be paired with an individual from another country, and will talk with them once a month as well as participate in the online trainings and forum. To apply for this program go HERE.
We are looking for three interns for this fall. It is preferred they live in St. Louis, MO, but we will accept individuals from anywhere as long as you are self motivated and dedicated. Interns will be expected to devote 10-15 hours of time each week to their projects, and participate in a weekly meeting on Monday evenings. The interns will be mentored by our all volunteer staff on topics including: nonprofit administration, communication techniques, grassroots pressure, coalition building, capacity building/training, grant writing and goal setting. You will also have the opportunity to attend conferences, participate in discussions in the environmental community, and be part of larger activism networks as you get more involved with the organization. We are excited to have you join us!
- Manage Care About Climate and ClimateSign.org's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Develop content for both pages, and work with programs to obtain content for the pages.
- Create a social media plan for both entities.
- Coordinate with press organizations to amplify the work of Care About Climate.
- Work with organizations (environmental nonprofits, social justice nonprofits, health nonprofits, businesses, governments, and coalitions), and help them engage with the ClimateSign.org campaign.
- Develop materials to firm up our partnership program (letters, one pagers, website copy, etc).
- Connect with partners to get them the resources they need to engage with our work.
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board to develop a 5 year plan for the organization and programs overall.
- Write grants with the Executive Director to expand and maintain programming.
- Collaborate with other interns to support and assist with their work.
To apply for these internships, please send a resume and a cover letter with the position(s) you are interested in to email@example.com.
Again, all of these opportunity deadlines are September 10th at 11:59 pm PT. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Natalie Lucas - Executive Director
- Sarah Voska - Director, Online Youth Exchange
- Emily Rushton - Director, Climate Ambassadors